NTC says new rules on text spam out in 2 weeksTHE NATIONAL Telecommunications Commission (NTC) has said that its revised guidelines on sending unsolicited mobile phone text messages to promote services and products will be out in two weeks. NTC Chairman Ronald Solis told INQ7.net that the agency will convene on Friday to deliberate on the guidelines. The agency said earlier that mobile phone operators and content providers have until May 11, 2006 to comment on the proposed revised guidelines. The revised draft guidelines impose stricter sanctions on local networks and content providers who continue to bombard subscribers with unsolicited text advertisements and promotions.
» INQ7.net - Erwin Lemuel Oliva - 17-05-2006