Get Help in our FAQ!
There is an 80% chance that the answer to your question can be found in our FAQ below.
Step 1 - SPAMfighter - VIRUSfighter - SPYWAREfighter - Sales - SLOW-PCfighter - SPAMfighter Domino Module - SPAMfighter Mail Gateway - SPAMfighter Hosted Mail Gateway - SPAMfighter Exchange Module - FULL-DISKfighter for Mac - FULL-DISKfighter - VIRUSfighter Android - PASSWORDfighter - DRIVERfighter - OUTDATEfighter
Login, password etc.
After the AOL or AIM e-mail account is set up, the Outlook software must be correctly configured to connect to the AOL or AIM service.
To create and configure a new AOL or AIM e-mail account in the Outlook Express software:
1. Launch the Microsoft Outlook Express software.
2. Click the Tools menu, then Accounts.
3. Choose the Add option and then mail option.
4. Type in a Display name (the name you want for this account, For example AOL)
5. Type in your AOL email address. For example firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Choose POP3 in the dropdown.
7. Incoming mail should be: pop.aol.com or pop.aim.com (depending on what domain you have at the end of your email address)
8. In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP): box, type smtp.aol.com or smtp.aim.com
9. In the Account Name box, type your AOL or AIM mail address, for example, email@example.com.
10. In the Password box, type your AOL or AIM password.
10. Go to Tools and accounts, click on your new AOL or AIM account and choose Properties.
11. Click the My server requires authentication box to place a check mark in it and click Apply.
12. Click on the Advanced tap.
13. In the Outgoing mail (SMTP) box, type 587. Click Apply.
Note: In the Delivery section click the Leave a copy of each message on the server box to place a check mark in it, then click the Apply button.
16. Click the OK button and you are done and ready to send and receive emails via your AOL or AIM mail address.
Windows Live Mail
Technical terms can be tricky to understand. Look in our Glossary for definitions to some terms used on our website, and in the computer world.
Can't find your answer in the FAQ? Answer a few questions here, and one of our knowledgeable supporters will get back to you with a solution.