Get Help in our FAQ!
There is an 80% chance that the answer to your question can be found in our FAQ below.
Step 1 - SPAMfighter - VIRUSfighter - SPYWAREfighter - Sales - SLOW-PCfighter - SPAMfighter Domino Module - SPAMfighter Mail Gateway - SPAMfighter Hosted Mail Gateway - SPAMfighter Exchange Module - FULL-DISKfighter for Mac - FULL-DISKfighter - VIRUSfighter Android - PASSWORDfighter - DRIVERfighter - OUTDATEfighter
Login, password etc.
After the AOL or AIM e-mail account is set up, the Outlook software must be correctly configured to connect to the AOL or AIM service.
To create and configure a new AOL or AIM e-mail account in the Outlook software:
1. Launch the Microsoft Outlook software.
2. Click the Tools menu, then clickE-mail Accounts.
3. Choose the Add a new e-mail account option by clicking it, then click the Next button.
4. Choose the POP3 option by clicking it, then click the Next button.
5. In the Your Name: box, type your name as you wish it to appear on outgoing e-mail.
6. In the E-mail Address: box, type your AOL or AIM e-mail address, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
7. In the User Name: box, type your AOL or AIM screen name, for example, yourmail.
8. In the Password: box, type your AOL or AIM password.
9. In the Incoming mail server (POP3): box, type: pop.aol.com or pop.aim.com
Note: Click the Leave a copy of each message on the server box to place a check mark in it.
10. In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP): box, type smtp.aol.com or smtp.aim.com.
11. Click the More Settings button.
12. Click the Outgoing Server tab.
13. Click the My outgoing server requires authentication box to place a check mark in it.
14. Choose the Use same settings as my incoming mail server option by clicking it, then click the Advanced tab.
15. In the Outgoing mail (SMTP): box, type 587.
Note: In the Delivery section click the Leave a copy of each message on the server box to place a check mark in it, then click the OK button.
16. Click the Next button.
17. Click the Finish button.
Windows Live Mail
Technical terms can be tricky to understand. Look in our Glossary for definitions to some terms used on our website, and in the computer world.
Can't find your answer in the FAQ? Answer a few questions here, and one of our knowledgeable supporters will get back to you with a solution.