New Version 4 of SPAMfighter Exchange Module with Anti-Spam, Anti-Malware, and Improved Content Filters for Policy-based Email Processing
New Features Bolster Security from Pushed Email Threats in SMB Microsoft Exchange Server Environments
Boca Raton, FL - June 10, 2011 -- SPAMfighter, a leading provider security solutions, announced the release of SPAMFighter Exchange Module (SEM) version 4, a significant upgrade to software used by more than 36,000 companies around the world, which provides enhanced protection against email threats with improved content filters and policy actions for processing email for different groups or user departments.
Additional new features include improved anti-spam and anti-malware filters with the same seamless integration with Microsoft Exchange Server environments.
The Messaging Anti-Abuse Working Group (MAAWG), which tracks 500 million email accounts and over 200 billion unlatered e-mails, stated that SPAM mails accounted for close to 90% of all messages delivered in the second half of 2010. For SMB network administrators and users, the time spent processing and blocking spam is a huge productivty hole.
Additionally, spyware, virus and phishing attacks delivered through SPAM mails creates a security threat for organizations without adequate spam filtering.
"SPAMfighter Exchange Module 4 is simply the most advanced Exchange-integrated anti-spam solution available for fighting spam and security threats delivered via e-mail," said Lori Raygoza, Managing Director, SPAMfighter North America. "It is ideal for the fast growing SMB market and includes numerous improvements that gives the Administrator more control while lightening their workload. We apply user feedback to continually improve SPAMfighter Exchange Module as threats evolve and System Administrator's needs change."
Policy based e-mail processing enables organizations to configure sets of filters and Policy Actions to different groups of users and departments.
This is further expanded with the concept of Usergroups, which facilitates the overwhelming task of managing an e-mail system for large and/or distributed organizations. A Usergroup level administrator is able to configure a unique set of policies, filters and settings while allowing the System Administrator to maintain complete control over all the Usergroups.
SPAMfighter Exchange Server Version 4 features:
- Community / DNSBL / IP Address spam filtering
- Spam Policy Actions for individuals/user groups so that different departments can have unique sets of policies
- Usergroups for group level control of policies and filtering settings
- Award-winning scanning engine improved for quicker and more accurate spam protection
- Improved content filter with the inclusion of a fast, intelligent white-list text analysis procedure
- Improved Anti-Malware and Anti-Virus filters
- Integrated with Microsoft Exchange Server 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 and Microsoft Small Business Server
- Risk free - no Exchange server downtime due to SEM operation
- Works automatically - no configuration or maintenance is needed
- Available in multiple languages: English, German, Danish, Dutch, French, Spanish
- Trusted sender option added to Sender Filter (Exchange 2007/2010 only)
SEM v4 is available for a free 30-day working trial download, with full functionality and customer support, at http://www.spamfighter.com/SPAMfighter/Product_SEM.asp
» SPAMfighter - 10-06-2011