Explore the latest news and trends  

Sign up for our weekly security newsletter

Be the first to receive important updates on security


Experts Warn: New Scam Email from an Affluent Merchant Pops Up

Cybercriminals have started another exciting '419 scam email' impersonating a wealthy trader, trying to dupe unsuspicious Internauts into giving up their monetary and personal details, experts warn, reported by softpedia.com on November 27, 2013.

The scammer starts by telling the recipient that he (scammer) doesn't want him (email recipient) to sympathize with him when he reads this email. He starts off by telling his name, 'Jamal Ali', a merchant residing in Dubai (UAE), and he says that he's been detected with 'prostate and esophageal cancer' that was diagnosed quite late. He says that he is nearing death and hence he's given nearly his properties and assets to his family members and few school friends of UAE. He is determined to give alms to charities and thus till now he has donated some money to charitable trusts in UAE, UK and Ireland. He seeks the recipient's help to collect these deposits and send it to charitable firms and tell let them that it's from 'Jamal Ali', donating all this. The recipient is promised to keep 30% of the money and give remaining (70%) to the charitable organizations".

Actually in reality there's nobody dying. Instead it's a criminal trying to scam the recipients.

Those believing the scammer and contacting him thereon are directed to pay certain amount of money from their own pockets before the "merchant's" riches can be sent for distribution. The crook shall claim the requested money is essential to cover up bank and other transfer fees, official costs, tax duties, and a whole lot of other expenses, experts note.

The crooks shall make it very clear that all demanded fees must be sent beforehand for legal reasons through money transaction services such as, Western Union.

Furthermore, as demands for unexpected fees shall continue till the victim realizes that he's actually being scammed by online scammers.

And, as the swindle unfolds, victims might be asked for personal as well as financial details apparently to cross-verify their names and to permit banking transfers and all these details may be later used to embezzle their identities.

Hence, simply delete such emails as advised by experts.

ยป SPAMfighter News - 12/6/2013

3 simple steps to update drivers on your Windows PCSlow PC? Optimize your Slow PC with SLOW-PCfighter!Email Cluttered with Spam? Free Spam Filter!

Dear Reader

We are happy to see you are reading our IT Security News.

We do believe, that the foundation for a good work environment starts with fast, secure and high performing computers. If you agree, then you should take a look at our Business Solutions to Spam Filter & Antivirus for even the latest version of Exchange Servers - your colleagues will appreciate it!

Go back to previous page